So you want to build yourself a shed and you want to save some money. After pricing the building supplies at your local home improvement store you realize the investment it will take to build your new shed. It can get expensive very fast.
Here is a list of cheap ways to build a shed.
1. Construction Site Dumpsters sounds a bit disturbing right? Drive around your neighborhood and look for construction sites. Sometimes these companies throw away brand new building supplies. Some material may be slightly used, but you might find what your looking for. Do not ever take materials that are stacked or piled for future construction. Also I would suggest getting permission from someone that is in charge of the building site. Do not do anything that may be illegal. Check the laws in your area to make sure you can, before you actually do go dumpster diving for building supplies.
2. Check out Craigslist and your local newspapers. There might be someone with extra building materials that wants to get rid of them for cheap or even give them away for free.
3. Place a wanted ad in Craigslist for your area. Placing an ad in the wanted section is free. Just write a list of the items you are looking for and how much if anything you are willing to pay. Like the suggestion above some people may see your ad and have some of the things you need, or even know of other people that may be able to help you.
4. Check family and friends. You never know what project someone has just finished and has extra lumber or other building materials laying around waiting to be taken to the dump or other disposal sites.
5. Recycling centers could have some of the supplies you are looking for. You might want to make a phone call first to see if they have anything you need and if they are willing to part with it for the amount you both agree to.